No matter your vantage point, we can all agree that water is a vital resource. The fact that we can turn on the faucet and get clean water is a luxury which we should take the time to be grateful for! It can easily be overlooked.
But even more overlooked, is the idea that the clean water we take for granted may be more and more exposed to environmental pollutants.
We encourage you to drink enough water and to live healthy. But, as traces of pesticides, metals and pharmaceutical drugs are showing up in our tap water, we implore you not only to drink enough, but to make sure you are drinking enough pure water without all the extras.
Here are some healthy tips for better drinking water.
- Set up a water filtration system to help purify your tap water
- Tap into the National Drinking Water Database to learn more about the drinking water in your area
- Choose safe reusable water bottles
- Detox, squeeze a little lemon into your drinking water or infuse your water with fruit
- Be aware, the quality of bottled water is often no better than tap water and bottled water unnecessarily contributes to more waste
Water runs through all of life and knowing that our bodies consist of mostly water, we ought think about preserving the quality and quantity of water here on earth. As we face a water deficit, think of ways that you can reduce the amount of water you use and improve the quality of the water you do use.