â€¢ 2 bottles of 100% Extra Virgin, Cold-Pressed Castor Oil (8 oz) – Premier Quality from India (guaranteed hexane-free)
â€¢ Cotton Flannel – 3 sheets of certified organic cotton flannel (natural beige); no toxic bleaches, pesticides or chemicals
â€¢ Plastic Sheet – a plastic sheet (such as a garbage bag), plus a bath towel and a few safety pins or large elastic bandage
â€¢ Electric heating pad (for dry, not moist heat) – to gently heat the castor oil pack while it is in place on the body.
1. Prepare 3 layers of cotton flannel. Fold or cut the cloth into three thicknesses, creating a 3-layer pad (on average, about 6′ x 8″ per sheet) to cover the area to be treated. For example, to use a castor oil pack over the abdominal area, the size of the flannel cloth would be 10 inches long by 8 inches wide (3 sheets thick). The packs can be small, smaller or slightly larger (up to 12″x 10″)
2. Cut a plastic sheet. Cut a plastic sheet so it is somewhat larger than the flannel cloth. The plastic is used to protect the heating pad from getting oily. Using a plastic garbage bag normally works fairly well, but it is best to avoid using plastic grocery bags, since they are usually printed with ink on one side which can dissolve and spread when exposed to castor oil.
3. Saturate cloth with castor oil. Place the flannel cloth on top of the plastic sheet. Then saturate it with castor oil(about 3-4 tablespoons). The cloth should be wet but not dripping. The saturated cloth should then be placed directly on the skin with the plastic sheet on top of it. Your plastic sheet should cover the entire exterior of the saturated flannel, since castor oil is likely to stain any fabric it touches.
4. Place heating pad over plastic sheet. Then, place a heating pad over the top of the plastic sheet on either a low or medium setting, or higher if it is comfortable. The heat will promote absorption, increase circulation, and help the body to relax. This is generally left in place for approximately 30 to 60 minutes (up to 1Â½ hours). You may place a bath towel over the top of the heating pad to help hold in heat and an elastic bandage to hold it in place.
5. Wash Off Area. After using the castor oil pack, cleanse the skin using a wash cloth and Liquid Soap. Washing the area helps clear acidic toxins which have been drawn out of the body during the treatment and helps prevent reabsorption of these toxins.
Castor Oil Pack Without Heat
An alternative method is to apply the castor oil pack without heat, using a towel wrapped around the body (with safety pins to hold it in place). This can be left on for several hours, overnight or for an entire 24-hour period.
Re-Use of the Same Castor Oil Pack
Each cotton flannel pack may be used only once because, during the course of treatment, the pack gradually absorbs toxins and waste products. Therefore, after use, discard the pack. It is not recommended to try to wash out the pack for re-use.
Frequency of Castor Oil Packs
In general, the castor oil packs are recommended 2 to 4 times per week, for 30 to 60 minutes (up to 1 Â½ hours) per session, for 3 to 6 weeks or longer. At first, it may work better to skip a day in between the use of each pack, rather than using them on consecutive days.
Long-term Chronic Illness
If a person has been chronically ill for a long time, if they have a high degree of toxicity or if they have significant difficulty in eliminating toxins (such as with kidney failure), then it is best if the packs are used on alternating days for the first week or so and for smaller amounts of time (such as 15 to 30 minutes only per session). As the general condition of the body improves, the packs may be used more frequently and/or for longer periods of time (for 1 to 1Â½ hours per session).
The use of castor oil packs should always be gentle, without side effects. Cleansing reactions, such as a rash, are rare. If they occur, it usually indicates that the body’s ability to eliminate toxins is not sufficient yet. It may be necessary to temporarily decrease the frequency or length of time of using the packs. The most common cleansing reaction is a rash that may occur at the site of the pack. If this occurs, it is typically noticed during the first few applications of the pack. It may be relieved by using the Medi-Soak, a gentle detoxifying bath using highly peizo-electrically charged sea salts for electrolyte replacement and detox. Also, boost adrenal function by taking
Caution: Heat should not be used in conditions where it is normally contraindicated, such as appendicitis, diabetic neuropathy or over the abdomen during pregnancy. However, the castor oil pack may be used without heat in these conditions.
For Superior Health
Castor oil packs are one of those rare remedies that cannot be used too much. Many people continue to use castor oil packs periodically throughout their lives to help boost the immune system, to keep the lymphatic circulation clear, to assist in proper eliminations and to always feel their best.