Eggs are a great breakfast food. Eggs are a great source of protein and also contain many important nutrients like Choline for the brain, essential fatty acids, B-12, lutein and zeaxanthin these carotenoids support eye health and prevent macular degeneration.
I love the Marin Sun Farm Eggs I get at the farmers market. They are super fresh and the yolks are bright orange and vibrant. I try not to overcook the yolks as they are the nutrient powerhouse of the egg. This breakfast is not for eating while you are cleansing, it’s a great pre or post cleanse breakfast that is great to share with friends or family on a Sunday morning.
- 2 Organic Eggs (We prefer range free)
- ½ Organic Avocado (cut into cubes)
- ¾ cups Organic Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup Organic Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- ½ clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Lime
- 2 Organic Sprouted Corn Tortillas
- Organic Butter or Coconut Oil (To cook the eggs & tortilla)
- 1 dash Sea Salt
- Try not to overcook the yolks as they are the nutrient powerhouse of the egg
- Mix tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, garlic in a small bowl add a dash of sea salt and a squeeze of lime and set aside.
- In a pan heat up the oil/butter and cook the eggs sunny side up. Set aside.
- Heat up tortillas in pan until soft and set on plate. Put one egg on each tortilla sprinkle with dash o sea salt.
- Put tomato mixture on top of the eggs or down the middle of the plate.
- I like to eat them like tacos! Fold them in half and top with the tomato salsa - Eat with your fingers!